Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Mother of Invention

Today was my day to do some "self-beautification." My wonderful hair stylist, Jeanine at the Hair Gallery in Troy Ohio, (shameless plug) had the foresight and kindness to send me down here with my very own, special combination of haircolor products that she uses to help me look young and sass-ay. Believe it or not, it doesn't come naturally!!

I managed to mix the goop up and apply it fairly consistently but I had to figure out a way to heat my head for 20 minutes. Normally she puts a plastic bag over my head and then sits me under the hair dryer in the shop.

At first I thought I would just soak a towel in hot water and wrap that around my head. I figured as it cooled I could stick it in the microwave (the towel, not my head.) Well, that just didn't seem to be doing the trick. I decided I would just use my hand-held hair dryer and move it around head. Better than nothing.

Then, I started thinking about those old portable hair driers that we used to use back in the late 60s/early 70s. All they basically consisted of was a blow dryer, a hose and a bag over one's head. So I sorta rigged up my own, and if I say so myself, it worked pretty well!! I call it "The Double Bagger."


Hey, it did the trick!!





1 comment:

dc said...

Now that is a funny picture!