Monday, January 19, 2009

Headin' up north

The big plan is that we're heading north tomorrow to spend some time in Ohio with the family and celebrate a late Christmas. Hopefully we won't run into too much snow.

We'll drive as far as Lexington tomorrow night after my pottery class and spend the night at Danny's place, then we'll head for Ohio on Wed. We'll probably make a stop in Cincinnati to visit our friends who turned us on to geocaching, the ladies known to geocachers as the Flip/flop girlz.

I'm really looking forward to seeing family and friends. I'm sure it will go quickly 'cos we have visits scheduled for almost everyday! I want to hook up with my pottery buddies and visit Bear's Mill of course, then we want to visit our previous workamper bosses at the Richmond KOA and I hope I get to visit my pseudo-mom/neighbor form West Milton. Too many friends, too little time!

On Sunday we're going to get together with Steve's family for the 3rd Annual Cookie Decorating Contest. It will be our late Christmas celebration. I think it was Christmas 2006 that we somehow got started having a cookie decorating contest.It was originally an excuse to bake cookies for the youngest niece and nephew. Somehow, last Christmas Steve got in on it and designed and "built" a 3-D cookie that looked like a lunar lander. Unfortunately, in the voting process, Steve's lunar lander was not given what he deemed "proper recognition" and the grand champion honors went to our niece, Monica. (In my opinoin, she deserved the win!) However, Steve has been bitterly awaiting the contest this year for a re-match to redeem what he perceives as his stolen title. I can't even imagine what kind of creation he'll come up with, but I'll try to get some pictures to post.

Then, hopefully, we'll all play Peanuts (aka Nertz.) It's a Wray Family Christmas tradition!! It sounds like we might even get some snow! Hopefully we won't have to deal with it on our drive, but if it's bad we'll just have to take our time!

I'm sure looking forward to seeing everyone!


No comments: