Sunday, March 1, 2009

White Stuff

Red-bird guarding the feeder....



Ok, I know that North Carolina isn't the "Deep South," I just didn't expect the weather to be quite so similar to an Ohio winter! Of course, this has been an exceptionally cold and snowy winter for Ohio. I would say the winter down here has been like one of the more recent mild winters we've had up north.

Anyways, the snow is pretty, but it's the first day of March fer-cryin-out-loud!!!! I'm ready for spring. I noticed this morning in the church parking lot that the daffodils were in full bloom!! Unfortunately, I think they'll be killed off in the next couple days.

Our boss, Ande, is originally from Florida and she was completely blown away by the snow, taking lots of pictures to email her friends down south (the true South.) I did take a few pictures, but I don't know too many people who will be impressed or surprised by the amount of snow we've received. I'm sure most of our family could send us more
impressive winter photos.

But I do want to record our stay down here so I've posted a couple snow photos. Unfortunately, it's been too "white" to get a picture of the mountains. It cleared for a few minutes this afternoon when we walked down to the bath house, but I didn't have the camera, and by the time we were done, it was white again.

Hopefully we'll get to enjoy a few "spring-like" days before we head north for good.

The view from our window.....


Twiggy's happy she's not out there!!




No comments: