Sunday, February 8, 2009

Flight of the Honey Bee

I'm going to attempt to upload a video I took of Steve flying his R/C helicoptor. He and Matt ordered a pair of "Ready to Fly Honey Bees" a couple weeks ago and have been diligently doing their "flight school training." They've been practicing in the office and the garage of the cliffhouse because the weather has been too cold and windy for very much outdoor flying. Finally the last couple days have been mild enough, so Friday morning he wanted to show me his skills. He was a bit puffed up from his successful flight the day before. As is often the case with hobbies, he was brought back "down to earth" shall we say, when I was video taping. And of course, the very best flight he had, when I THOUGHT I was videotaping, I actually wasn't. And it also happened to be the flight where he attempted to use the top of my head as a heliport!! I wish I had gotten it on tape but something tells me that there will be more "near-misses" to come!

Instead, I will post this rather uneventful Fight of the Honey Bee......




No comments: