Tuesday, February 10, 2009

New Age Defying Breakthrough!!!

Ok, this press release made my day!! I got it from Yahoo! News so it must be true!!

Under the title, How Not to Look Old, the story reports that
"a forthcoming study in the journal Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery offers one surprising idea: as you age, don't be afraid to put on a few pounds. Fat, it turns out, can significantly smooth out wrinkles and give you a younger-looking face." (I'll be doggoned!)

The authors of the study call it "volume replacement." (A politically correct term for "fat filling in wrinkles.") Unfortunately, it only appears to work for those of us over 40 (so I guess I was a little ahead of my time!) The study was conducted on pairs of twins. The article reports that
"many of the twin pairs were of similar weight, but differences in how old they looked began to appear when one had a body mass index (BMI) at least four points higher than her sister. For twin pairs under 40, the heavier one looked significantly older. But surprisingly, after 40, that same four-point difference in BMI made the heavier twin look significantly younger."

So if you're like me, a member of the "after 40" crowd, go ahead and scarf that crispy creme!! It's less invasive than botox!

There IS a God!!

No comments: